Thursday 7 August 2008

I'm baaaa-ack!

I've been so snowed under lately I haven't had any time for blogging (well, okay I could've been blogging instead of mooching around on ravelry but I. Just. Can't. Tear. Myself. Away.

Loads of swapping going on as usual. I crocheted my first ever pair of socks for the Ankh-Morpork Knitters Guild Music With Socks In swap & got a fabulous pair back. I don't have pics of them yet but here's what I sent my partner -



The socks were rolled up around some bee buttons (my partner's fave character was Granny Weatherwax) & stuffed inside a pair of Nanny Ogg's knickers - I had loads of fun coming up with the bag & it was a really fast knit -



There was also a celtic themed swap. I sent my partner a filet crochet washcloth, sporran notebook & sweets & she sent me this -



How fabulous is that? The necklace was made by my partner & she crocheted a gorgeous wee gift bag for it. The KoolAid is long gone - it's been used to turn a bag of poll dorset fleece from this -



to this -



& I'm very slowly hand carding it into these -



so I can spin them on my wheel.

I didn't mention I'd bought a wheel, did I? Pics & a full post to follow soon ;0)

1 comment:

Suzanne Vaughan said...

Lovely to 'see' you back. I was going to leave a comment asking how you were!