Sunday 4 July 2010

Tour de Fleece 2010 - Day 1

I've been saving my scraps from the second scrap swap on ravelry's UK Spinners forum specially so I could spin them during the tour. Here they are in all their loveliness -



I have about 200g of different breeds (all next-to-skin-soft)& a rainbow of colours, all broken down & mixed up into a big fibery pudding. Colour progression will be 'lucky dip'; I'll be closing my eyes & sticking my hand in the bag & whatever comes out (as long as it's not the same as the previous bit) will get spun. I'd love to get the full 200g spun & plied *but* I want to spindle-spin the whole lot & since the most I've had the patience to spin on a spindle before was about 15g the chance of me doing all 200g is erm slim. Still, as long as I get enough spun for this hat, I'll be happy.

Day 1 saw me breaking the scraps into roughly even pieces & I even managed to get a (tiny) little bit spun -

No comments: